Upgrading your Oracle EPM system can be a headache without the right preparation and guidance – we’re not denying any part of that. There are multitudes of moving parts that influence your decision, but chief among them should be the benefits.
Oracle Hyperion release 126.96.36.199 is the latest and greatest, after Oracle’s first major release (11.1.2) following the 2007 Hyperion acquisition. This has given Oracle ample time to re-engineer and improve virtually every feature product line.
1. Smart View: provides a common Microsoft Office interface designed specifically for Oracle's Enterprise Performance Management and BI. Using Smart View, you can view, import, manipulate, and share data in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
2. Project Financial Planning: allows Project Managers to identify project-related expenses and revenues, plan and propose new projects, and track results over time.
3. Enterprise Performance Management Architect (EPMA): EPMA provides a uniform platform for metadata management across Hyperion components. With EPMA, applications can be created and then deployed, and dimensions can be created and shared between multiple types of applications, including Planning, HFM, Essbase, and Profitability.
4. Account Reconciliation: module helps automate and streamline account reconciliations and eliminates the chances for errors, omissions and fraud.
5. Compatibility and Support: The primary reason companies upgrade their software is to match a larger corporate infrastructure update. Version 9.x is not compatible with MS Office 2010, Internet Explorer 8, and Windows 7. Additionally, as Oracle releases new versions of Hyperion, it limits support for older versions. By upgrading to at least version 11.x, you are able to maintain Oracle Premier Support. Oracle Premier Support provides essential support services including 24/7 technical assistance, powerful support resources, and product updates.