The December updates for Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service (EPRCS) are here. This blog post outlines new features, fixed defects, and considerations.
The monthly update for EPRCS will occur on Friday, December 15 during your normal daily maintenance window.
EPRCS New Features
Data Source Substitution Variable Support in Management Reports
This update will allow you to select data source substitution variables in the member selector in management reporting grids. Substitution variables are variables that are defined at the EPM Cloud or Essbase data source that serve as a placeholders for specific members that change regularly. For example, you can use the variable CurrMonth to represent the current month (Jan), and you can insert it as a member selection in a report.
Access Oracle Customer Cloud Connect from the User Assistance Menu
You'll be able to access Oracle Customer Cloud Connect directly from EPRCS by clicking the User Assistance icon. Oracle Customer Cloud Connect is a community gathering place for members to interact and collaborate on common goals and objectives.
Set Locale, Thousands and Decimal Separators, and Unit of Measurement at the Report Package Level
You will now be able to set options for locale, thousands and decimal separators, as well as unit of measurement at the report package level. These settings are applied to all embedded content from Excel-based and Management Reporting reference doclets, as well as reference variables that are sourced from Excel. However, they do not apply to any manually-entered content or static variables.
New Smart View for Office Version
Smart View for Office 22.214.171.124.720 will be available by early December. This version includes new features like...
- Enhanced extension update workflow, allowing you to select a server or service from which to check for updated extension downloads (all services)
- Option to automatically resize column width and row height on cells in Enterprise Performance Management Cloud forms and ad hoc grids (all services)
The Smart View 126.96.36.199.720 Readme, available on the Help Center at the time of release, contains a complete list of features and defects addressed in this version. You must install this version to ensure compatibility with the December 2017 update features and to access the new functionalities.
New Smart View Extension Version
The EPRCS 17.12 extension update is now available. This update provides a smoother process for connecting locally stored doclets to EPRCS where you simply open the doclet, reconnect to EPRCS, Refresh, and then Sync. The 17.12 extension is compatible with Smart View 188.8.131.52.700, Smart View 184.108.40.206.710, and Smart View 220.127.116.11.720.
New Guides for Getting Started with Oracle EPM Cloud
Information for getting started with EPM cloud services are now available for Service Admins and end users. The new guides include:
- Getting Started with Oracle EPM Cloud for Admins
- Getting Started with Oracle EPM Cloud for Users
The admin guides contains information for tasks that admins need to perform for EPM Cloud products. This guide is now the primary source for completing tasks like managing users and roles, setting up single sign-on, backing up, restoring environments, etc. The new guide replaces the following guides:
- Using Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud
- Getting Started with Oracle Financial Consolidation and Cloud Cloud
- Getting Started with Account Reconciliation Cloud for Administrators
- Getting Started with Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud for Administrators
- Getting Started with Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud
- Getting Started for Administrators for Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud
The new guide for end users introduces them to the Oracle EPM Cloud, giving them enough information to use the cloud-based tool. Getting Started with Oracle EPM Cloud for Users replaces the following guides:
- Getting Started with Account Reconciliation Cloud for Users
- Getting Started with Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud for Users
- Getting Started for Users for Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud
Excel reference doclets with a large number of named ranges now correctly display all named ranges in Add Embedded Content in Smart View.
26395330/ 26983833/ 26915915
You can now set options for locale, thousands and decimals separators, and units of measurement at the report package level and have these settings correctly apply to all embedded content from both Excel-based and Management Reporting reference doclets.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Management Reporting.
- When importing a Management Report together with its related data source, the data source needs to be edited to add the data source's administrator credentials. Otherwise, previewing the Management Report without the proper data source credentials results in a service error.
- When uploaded for use with Management Reporting, Microsoft Internet Explorer requires installable fonts. If custom fonts are not installable, then Internet Explorer will substitute a different font. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox do not require installable fonts.
- In a Management Reporting grid member selector with an EPM Cloud data source, if 'Show in Hierarchy' is selected for a shared member, a 'member not found' error will be received before displaying the hierarchy location.
- In Internet Explorer version 11, you cannot resize text objects. Use Chrome or Firefox instead.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Report Packages.
- Previewing a report that has a PowerPoint style sample with a custom slide that has numbering starting at zero will display an error.
Workaround: Download the PowerPoint style sample document and change the numbering on the Slide Master to start with one, instead of zero. Then, edit your report package properties and select the updated style sample document.
- Inactive report packages with available content will display an “undetermined content” icon. Once the source file has been refreshed, the proper available content type icon will be displayed.
- When you add embedded content that contains internal hyperlinks to a report package, if you select Download Preview to view the document, the hyperlinks within the embedded content do not open when clicked.
- When creating embedded content, if you use the horizontal text alignment format Center Across Selection in Excel, the selection does not carry forward into the embedded content when the doclet is embedded in Word. The text remains within the original cell.
Workaround: To achieve the same visual layout, use Merge cells and Center align to align the text in the merge cell.
- When you insert a reference variable value that references a document that was created using Word 2007, a line break is inserted in the text, creating an extra line.
Workaround: If you encounter this issue, delete the extra line.
- If an Excel worksheet uses a double-line bottom border on the last row of a named range, an extra row appears in the embedded content within a consuming doclet.
Workaround: To work around this issue, try one of the following options:
- 1. Do not use a double line bottom border in the last row of a named range, but select an alternative bottom border.
- 2. Navigate to a cell that is below the named range, and add dummy text or a blank space. You can then upload and check in the reference doclet. When the embedded content is generated, the empty row is no longer included.
- 3. Resize the row below the row that contains the double-line bottom border. You can keep the double line border in the last row intact, but resize the next row to be very small (but not hidden). Click any cell in the relevant row and choose Home, then Format, and then Row Height and enter a small value such as 2 or 3. The extra space is included in the embedded content, but it has a minimal impact.
- If a PowerPoint slide is created from a layout that contains placeholders for tables, charts, smart art or media files, those objects seem to disappear when uploaded to the service. The content is not lost however. After downloading the files, a reset on the slide will cause the content to reappear. Workaround: To work around this issue, create the slide by adding the content directly to the slide rather than use a layout with place holders.
- If the user enters a simple URL format (for example, www.oracle.com) within the Rich Text Editor, a service error will be displayed when the link is executed.
Workaround: If a user enters a fully qualified URL format (for example, http://www.oracle.com) within the Rich Text Editor, the URL link will open within a new browser tab.
- When using an iPad with the Safari browser to preview a report package, Safari stops responding when you magnify the screen and tap preview.
- When downloading files using Safari 9, any spaces in the filename will appear as special characters.
- When performing a review of a PowerPoint report package using Safari, a service error is displayed if the user places the comment anchor in the blue area outside slide.
- After updating to Java 8, the embedded content controls more accurately reflect the column widths within the source excel documents. This may result in existing embedded content being resized when you refresh the document.
- When you open a review instance within Smart View, add a comment, switch to another review instance, and then switch back to the first review instance using the Content Selector, the comment is not updated correctly.
Workaround: Click “Refresh Comments” or click the Content Selector refresh button to display the comment correctly.
- When adding doclets as subsections in a report package, the heading numbering in the table of contents may not be updated correctly.
Workaround: Check out and download the affected doclet. Then, change the heading style of the heading that was numbered incorrectly to a different style, and then change it back again (for example, from Heading 3 to Body Text and then back to Heading 3). Then, upload and check the doclet back in.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Smart View.
- A connection created in one language cannot be used if Smart View is changed to a different language.
Workaround: Create multiple private connections using the Add Connection Wizard. Before creating each connection, change the Smart View language display (in the Options dialog box, Advanced tab, Language drop-down list).
- When downloading a new Smart View extension from Microsoft Internet Explorer, the filename extension defaults to .ZIP instead of .SVEXT. This prevents you from being able to double-click to install the extension.
Workaround: When Internet Explorer prompts you to save the file, choose “Save As”, change the Type to “All Files”, and then change the extension from .ZIP to .SVEXT. Then, double-click the downloaded file to install the extension.
- When any of the allowable special characters are used in a report package name (such as commas, semicolons, or ampersands), there may be a discrepancy between how the name displays in the library tree and how it displays in the Report Center panel.
- If you have open or close bracket characters in an Excel reference or supplemental doclet, Excel changes the brackets to parentheses when you save the file.
- When you upload an Excel reference doclet with many named ranges, not all of the named ranges are listed as available content. Workaround: Upload the doclet and then go to the web and add the embedded contents within the doclet inspect dialog.
- Using Firefox ESR 52.4.2 with Smart View:
Future releases of Mozilla Firefox will be phasing out support for XUL-based add-ons such as Smart View. Starting in mid-November 2017, only add-ons and extensions built with new web extension technology will work in Firefox. Therefore, Smart View 18.104.22.168.710 only supports Firefox versions up to ESR 52.4.1. If you want to continue using Firefox with Smart View 22.214.171.124.710, do not upgrade your Firefox browser.
If your Firefox browser is set to automatically install updates, Oracle recommends changing the setting to “Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them.” Check the Firefox help for instructions on changing this setting.
Be aware of the following considerations when working with Smart View for ad hoc analysis.
- When users sign in to the service for the first time, they will be prompted to change the password. Oracle recommends that users sign in first to the web to change their password before connecting through Smart View.
- An error occurs if an Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud Service ad hoc grid created with Smart View release 126.96.36.199.600 is opened with Smart View release 188.8.131.52.520.
Be aware of the following consideration when working with Disclosure Management.
- Bidirectional language functionality is not supported in Disclosure Management for this release.
- When publishing a taxonomy in Taxonomy Designer, you must enter the full path for the ZIP file when specifying the location to publish to. An error is displayed if you specify the ZIP file name only without the path.