Oracle's updates for Financial Close and Consolidation ( Oracle FCCS) are live for the month of August. Save these dates in your calendar:
- August 6, 2021 (Friday): Oracle will apply this monthly update to Test Environments during the first daily maintenance that occurs at or after 22:00 UTC.
- August 20, 2021 (Friday): Oracle will apply this monthly update to Production Environments during the first daily maintenance that occurs at or after 22:00 UTC.
Important: For fixes on software issues, please refer to Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights (See DOC ID 2055579.1)
What You Should Expect?
New Version of EPM Automate
This is now available for Account Reconciliation, Enterprise Data Management, Financial Consolidation and Close, Narrative Reporting, Planning, Planning Modules, Profitability and Cost Management, and Tax Reporting.
This version now includes the cloneEnvironment, invalidLoginReport, and roleAssignmentAuditReport commands. Also, the addUsers and sendMail commands have been modified.
Rest API Syntax Update
Applicable to User Access Report and User Audit Report, these changes are made to comply with JSON standard. The change started in the beginning of June 2021. You may view these updates in the REST API for Oracle Enterprise Performance management Cloud.
This applies to Account Reconciliation, Enterprise Data Management, Financial Consolidation and Close, Narrative Reporting, Planning, Planning Modules, Profitability and Cost Management, and Tax Reporting.
Additional CoreStats Properties
Created By and Created Date properties for nodes are now available so the user can identify who created a node and when it was created.
Upgraded PDF Viewer for Reports and Books
The upgraded PDF Viewer now includes many advanced viewer features that are available for reports and books. This will help users get consistent and expanded display features. This update applies to Financial Consolidation and Close, Narrative Reporting, Planning, Planning Modules, and Tax Reporting.
PDF Viewer Functionality:
- Toggle Thumbnail Sidebar
- Find Text within the document
- Go to the previous or next page
- Go to a specific page number
- Zoom in and Zoom out buttons
- Ability to select Zoom levels (automatic, page width, etc)
- Switch to Presentation Mode
- Print the document
- Download the document
- Other Navigation and Viewing tools
Period and Movement as Dense Dimensions
You can now increase the block density, reduce application size, and improve performance when you create an application. Previously, you can do this by choosing Account as the Dense dimension.
Things to Do Before Converting an Existing Application to One with Period and Movement as Dense:
- Make sure that there are no metadata validation errors
- Check if there are no pending metadata changes
- Refresh database must have run successfully
- Make a backup of the application
- Disable scheduled jobs
- Reschedule the automatic maintenance window
August 2021 Updates: Summary
- New Topics in EPM Cloud Operations Guide
- EPM Automate Updates
- Server-side Execution of EPM Automate Commands
- Update to REST API Syntax for User Access Report and User Audit Report
- Update to Add Users REST API
- Update to Send Email REST API
- Updates to the Clone Environment Feature
- Activity Report Enhancements
- Redwood Look and Feel Enhancements
- Ability to Change Dynamic User Variables in Dashboard 2.0 POV Bars
- Smart View Ad Hoc Behavior Application Setting Now Defaults to Standard
- EPM Cloud Integration with the Oracle Autonomous Database
- Reports System Level Option to Set Default Chart Colors
- Upgraded PDF Viewer for Reports and Books
- Audit Log Now Includes Audit Configuration Changes
- Ability to Reuse Previously Deleted Object Names
- Support for Applications with Movement and Period As Dense Dimensions
- Translation Logic Change for Acquisition and Disposal Movement Members
Need help choosing the right enterprise application for your business processes? Get in touch today with our EPM experts who can resolve your most complex financial and operational data challenges.