US-Analytics is excited to announce that we will be participating in Oracle EPM Innovation Day in Dallas, Texas, where Hyperion users and Oracle thought leaders will meet over lunch to discuss how finance teams today are driving change throughout their organizations.
The event is designed to provide a variety of local business leaders’ perspectives on finance’s role today and insight into each of their EPM journeys with Oracle Hyperion.
Hyperion User Panel Discussion (12:30-1:15pm)
Kicking off with lunch at 11pm and a brief keynote by Oracle on implementing innovation, we’ll then dive into customer experiences with a panel discussion. Panelists were selected by Oracle because of an innovative way they have utilized Hyperion applications or because of a transformation they have completed in the recent past. Each participant will have the opportunity to comment on the questions below:
- Tell us about your company — what market or organizational pressures drove you to make a change, and what Hyperion products are you currently using?
- What specific challenges did you face in planning your transformation and receiving approval to invest in new technology?
- When did you start your Hyperion project and how long did you spend on it? Did you uncover any challenges that you had not prepared for?
- What about the results — did you solve or achieve what you were hoping to?
- What is your organization’s strategy on migration to the cloud? What projects are on the horizon?
Of the four panel members, three will detail projects where their finance teams partnered with US-Analytics:
1. Match Group
Sally Storie, Director, Financial Reporting & Compliance
- Project: Global deployment (25 countries spanning five continents) of Hyperion Planning and HFM; financial transformation to support IPO and continued aggressive acquisition strategy execution
- About the company: Match Group owns 45 mostly dating-themed brands, including Match.com, OkCupid, Tinder, Meetic, PlentyOfFish, Farmersonly.com, and Twoo. The company has completed 25 acquisitions since 2009.
2. PrimeLending, a Plains Capital Bank Company
Mike Wells, Vice President of Finance
- Project: Planning and Essbase with OBIEE dashboards for branch-level planning, operational reporting, and corporate financial reporting
- About the company: Since 1986, PrimeLending has helped over 500,000 happy homeowners, making it the sixth-largest purchase lender in the nation. PrimeLending is proud of their continued A+ Better Business Bureau rating and 96% customer satisfaction rating.
3. Alliance Data Systems
Brad Tyler, Vice President Financial Systems
- Project: Planning, Essbase, and Exalytics (and OBIEE + BI Apps) in a PeopleSoft environment; unique treasury cash management/forecasting app and multiple Essbase applications for operational and corporate financial reporting
- About the Company: Alliance Data is the engine behind loyalty and marketing campaigns for more than 1,000 consumer-facing companies worldwide across all industries: retail, travel, pharmaceutical, financial services, auto, and more. In its own unique way, each of their three businesses better connects consumers with the brands they already love. And, they don’t do it through guesswork. They truly understand millions of individual consumers and their habits through their data analysis expertise.
Featured Customer Use Cases (1:15-4:00pm)
Immediately following the panel discussion, don’t miss the featured customer use cases — these in-depth sessions will detail innovative Hyperion solutions, business results, and lessons learned that you can leverage in future projects. US-Analytics customer MV Transportation will present from 1:15-2:00pm:
Biju Varan, Sr. Manager FP&A at MV Transportation
MV Transportation is a privately held corporation that provides transportation management, operations, and related services to jurisdictional and private entities around the world. They recently implemented Oracle Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) to support field operations planning with corporate overhead and consolidated global reporting. Hear from MV about lessons learned and how to ensure a successful deployment in the cloud. Then see a demonstration of how to leverage key advanced functionality like drill through to detail in the cloud!
Register for Oracle EPM Innovation Day
There's still time to reserve your seat. Join fellow finance, operational, and business professionals with P&L responsibility to share lessons learned and best practices with Oracle Hyperion. See you on February 11!
Wondering what kind of presentations you'll see at Oracle EPM Innovation Day? View a featured customer use case from last year's event: Improved Cash Forecasting at Atmos Energy with Hyperion Planning.
US-Analytics is a Dallas-based Hyperion consulting firm focused on Oracle EPM and Business Analytics solutions.