The December updates for Oracle's Account Reconciliation Cloud Service (ARCS) are here. In this blog post, we’ll outline new guidelines for on-prem to cloud migration, fixed defects, and considerations.
We’ll let you know any time there are updates to ARCS or any other Oracle EPM cloud products. Check the US-Analytics Oracle EPM & BI Blog every month.
The monthly update for Oracle ARCS will occur on Friday, December 15 during your normal daily maintenance window.
Account Reconciliation Cloud no longer supports migration of snapshots from the latest service version to an earlier service version (for example, when moving snapshots between test and production pods during the window when test is upgraded before production.)
Migration between the same versions will still be supported. Some objects, such as Profiles, may still be moved from the latest to an earlier version outside of migration snapshots by exporting them from the latest service version and importing them into the earlier version.
Migrating from ARM to ARCS
This update allows you to migrate your Hyperion Financial Close Management (FCM) module, Account Reconcililation Manager (ARM), to ARCS.
New Guides for Getting Started with Oracle EPM Cloud
Information for getting started with EPM cloud services are now available for Service Admins and end users. The new guides include:
- Getting Started with Oracle EPM Cloud for Admins
- Getting Started with Oracle EPM Cloud for Users
The admin guides contains information for tasks that admins need to perform for EPM Cloud products. This guide is now the primary source for completing tasks like managing users and roles, setting up single sign-on, backing up, restoring environments, etc. The new guide replaces the following guides:
- Using Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud
- Getting Started with Oracle Financial Consolidation and Cloud Cloud
- Getting Started with Account Reconciliation Cloud for Administrators
- Getting Started with Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud for Administrators
- Getting Started with Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud
- Getting Started for Administrators for Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud
The new guide for end users introduces them to the Oracle EPM Cloud, giving them enough information to use the cloud-based tool. Getting Started with Oracle EPM Cloud for Users replaces the following guides:
- Getting Started with Account Reconciliation Cloud for Users
- Getting Started with Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud for Users
- Getting Started for Users for Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud
Removal of Support
Enhanced User Experience in Reconciliation Compliance
In early calendar year of 2018, the method of accessing the Reconciliation List, Transaction List, and Profiles List will not be available. Enhancements that were made to the Reconciliation Compliance user interface several months ago created a more intuitive and improved user experience to things like Reconciliation, Transaction and Profile list views, as well as managing reports and the common use of a filter bar across multiple EPM Cloud products. These enhancements will replace the old method to give you quick and easy navigation.
|27024139||Under certain circumstances, processing of reconciliations errored out with time limit exceeded.|
- When using EPM Automate, log out and log in again after importing a Financial Close Management (FCM) snapshot to refresh the icons on the Home page.
- You may receive inaccurate messages from Navigator if pop-up blockers are enabled. Disable pop-up blockers in your browser to avoid this.
- In the Academy, some pages and icons may appear different in the video than the Cloud service.